A Sort of Rope Braid
So I’m sure there’s a tutorial for this braid somewhere, but here’s my version. When I was home for break one of my friends showed this to me, and I was shocked, because I thought I knew pretty much all the different types of braids. But this was new to me, and its so easy, but it looks really good! Basically, it’s a type of rope braid, but this one only uses two sections of hair, instead of the typical three. This has become my go-to workout hairstyle, because while it gets all my hair out of my face and off my neck, it’s a little prettier than just a ponytail and braid. So here goes!
1. Gather hair into a ponytail and secure. Hair can be wet or dry or whatever. I don’t usually use a product because I’m on my way to the gym to sweat, but if you want to wear it to class or something, using a pomade might be a good idea.
2. Separate your hair into two sections, and just twist each section a few times, making sure you twist them in the same direction.
3. Then, take the two sections and wrap them around each other, but wrapping the opposite way you twisted. (Usually I twist my hair clockwise, and them wrap them together counterclockwise.)
4. And then just repeat steps 2 and 3! Twist each section a little, and then wrap the sections around each other.
5. Secure the braid with another elastic, and you’re done!
A fast and easy twist braid!